Please report any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of leaving the practice to our reception team.
Your safety, first and foremost
COVID-19 Practice Safety Steps
Please familiarise yourself with the steps below prior to attending an appointment.
- You will receive an email reminder 48 hours prior to your appointment. The email contains a link to your patient portal, this will enable to complete all your forms from the comfort of your own home.
- To reduce your time spent at the practice, payments will be requested via telephone 24 – 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- To limit the amount of people within the practice, please do not turn up too early or too late.
- Only arrive at the practice if you have an appointment.
- Wait in your car until a member of the team collects you for your appointment.
- Please attend appointments on your own wherever possible.
- Bring as little belongings as possible, this limits the risk of any contamination.
- Wear a face mask when you enter the practice.
Changes within the practice
- Appointments will be spaced out to ensure all patients and staff are able to maintain social distancing.
- You will be asked to use the antibacterial gel provided as soon as you enter the practice.
- All our staff, including non-clinical team members will always be wearing appropriate PPE within the practice.
- Plastic screens have been installed at our reception desk. Please ensure you maintain a 2m distance from the reception desk and please do not touch the screens.
- Our new designated dental nurses are performing more frequent, deeper cleans especially in our surgeries, which are scheduled throughout the day.
- We have installed high pressured plasma air purifiers in all our surgeries.
- Patient bathrooms are no longer operational, this is to reduce the risk of contamination. After your appointment
- After your appointment, you may be directed to reception to book additional appointments. If the reception area is busy, to maintain social distancing, we may contact you via telephone
- If within 14 days of our appointment you begin to develop any symptoms of possible COVID-19, such as high fever or a new continuous cough please ensure you follow the appropriate self-isolation advice and inform reception.
The NEW Patient journey
1. Schedule an appointment
Appointments can be scheduled via telephone or email and our reception team will email you an appointment confirmation. To reduce patient volume at reception, we kindly ask patients not to attend the practice to arrange an appointment.
2. Patient portal
We will email you a link to your patient portal 48 hours prior to your appointment, which will enable you to sign any required forms. You will also be asked a series of health questions to ensure you are not displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
3. Before your appointment
To reduce contact within the practice, our reception team will contact you 48 hours prior to your appointment to request payment via telephone and we will email you a copy of your receipt.
4. Arriving for your appointment
Please wait in your car until you are greeted by a member of the team and please wear a face mask before entering the practice.
A member of the team will welcome you into the practice and will ask you to sanitise your hands before directing you through to the surgery.
6. Waiting room
If you are asked to wait in the waiting room, please ensure you follow social distancing measures at all times and wear a face mask.
Once you’re in the surgery, your dentist and dental nurse will be wearing additional personal protective equipment. This is for your protection and theirs, but do not worry, we are still the same friendly faces.
Consent forms and estimates will be generated in the surgery and will be emailed to you after your appointment. We will ask you to sign via our practice clinipad (iPad) before we start your treatment.
After your appointment, you may be directed to reception to book additional appointments. If the reception area is busy, to maintain social distancing, we may contact you via telephone.
10. Deep Cleaning
Once you have left the practice, our designated dental nurse will thoroughly disinfect the surgery ready for the next patient.